Brockton Public Schools
For Brockton resident children born between January 1, 2013 - October 31, 2013
Who May Register?
Any Brockton Resident children born between January 1, 2013 - October 31, 2013
What Will you Need to Register?
- Official birth certificate or Passport stating parents' names (copies not accepted)
- Parent's/Guardian's valid picture I.D.
- Three documents that prove Brockton residency (see Chart #2)
- Up-to-date immunizations record (see Chart #3)
- Proof of screening for lead poisoning
- Proof of vision screening
- Recent physical exam from doctor
- Important names, addresses, and telephone numbers (doctors, hospital, emergency contact people, childcare providers)
- Individualized Education Plan (if child has been diagnosed with special needs in pre-school)
To improve the chances of your child being assigned to a school of your choice and to avoid long lines, please use the following schedule and apply during the earliest registration period based on the first initial of your last name.
Chart #1: Registrations done in Alphabetical Order by Parent’s /Guardian’s Last Name at the School Registration and Parent Information Center
||March 12 - March 23, 2018
||March 26 - April 6, 2018
||April 9 - April 20, 2018
|Open to All
||April 23 - May 11, 2018
Registrations that do not fit into this table will be accommodated.
Assignment Based on the Following Criteria
- Complete and Timely Registration
- Seat Availability
- Sibling Preference*
- Proximity to School
- Racial Fairness Guidelines
*If and only if parents submit a complete and timely registration between March 12 and May 11, 2018, will sibling preference be awarded prior to other students' placements. After May 11, 2018 sibling preference is not guaranteed.
- Placement decisions will be made after all students have been registered (according to Chart #1).
- Students with an incomplete file will not be placed until their file is completed.
- Assignment notices for students registered during March 11 to May 11, 2018 are mailed to families' home in July.
- Any registration done after May 11, 2018 will be on a first come, first served basis.
Where to Register:
Brockton Public Schools
School Registration and Parent Information Center
60 Crescent Street
Brockton, MA 02301
(508) 580-7950 Phone
(508) 580-7956 Fax
(508) 894-4294 Fax
5:30 - 2:30 Monday - Friday
5:00 - 7:00 Wednesday Evening
(When school is in session)
Last registration is taken half-hour before closing time.
Pre-register your child for kindergarten at https://www.brocktonpublicschools.com/cf_forms/view.cfm?formID=82
Call 508-580-7950 to schedule a registration appointment.
Help available in Cape Verdean Creole, English, French, Haitian Creole, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Chart #2: Brockton Public Schools Residency Policy
All applicants must submit at least one document from each of the following columns:
- Copy of deed AND record of most recent mortgage payment
- Copy of lease AND record of most recent rent payment
- Notarized BPS address affidavit (requires additional documentation)
- Section 8 agreement
A utility bill or work order date within past 60 days, including:
- Gas Bill
- Oil Bill
- Electric Bill
- Home Telephone Bill (not cellphone bill)
- Cable Bill
- Water Bill
- Valid driver's license
- Current vehicle registration
- Valid Massachusetts photo identification
- Valid passport, dated within the past year
- W-2 form
- Excise (vehicle) tax bill
- Property tax bill, dated within the past 60 days
- Letter from approved government agency
- Payroll stub
- Bank or credit card statement
Legal guardianship requires additional documentation from a court or agency.
The BPS residency policy does not apply to homeless students.
Chart #3: Required immunizations for Kindergarten
|Varicella (Chicken Pox)
||2 doses or documentation of disease