Goals for the Brockton Public School System
- Continue to monitor and revise local curricula to align with Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks.
- Continue to refine teaching strategies and best practices to align curriculum, instruction and assessment at all levels.
- Continue to improve curriculum articulation, both across grade levels and at key transition points from kindergarten to elementary, elementary to junior high and junior high to high school.
- Improve student achievement as measured by Iowa and MCAS testing programs.
- Improve other measures of school accountability such as student suspension, dropout and attendance rates, SAT scores and college acceptance rates.
- Support initiatives in restructuring schools and programs at all levels.
- Expand access to technology for both staff and students at all levels.
- Continue to support activities which promote increased parent involvement in the schools.
- Continue to promote student and staff wellness by implementing policies and procedures that ensure a safe and healthy environment.
- Continue to plan for the space needs for existing and future populations and programs.
- Improve physical working and learning environments for students and staff.
- Support and expand partnership activities with businesses.
- Continue to promote a learning environment that models and integrates understanding and appreciation of all cultures and linguistic communities.
- Employ the best prepared and qualified staff who are representative of the diverse student body.
- Improve external and internal communications.