Your Senior Portraits and BHS Yearbook
Senior Portrait Requirements
Prestige Portraits by Lifetouch Portraits is the official school photographer for the senior class of Brockton High School. Seniors should take their senior portraits by August 30, 2013, to ensure their photo is in the senior section of the 2014 BHS Yearbook.
- Prestige Portraits sets up their studio for your convenience in the Red IRC at Brockton High School. In June 2013, you will receive an appointment packet from Prestige Portraits. Watch for it in the mail. The day you receive the mailing, locate the personalized appointment time. Within two days, log on to www.lifetouch.com to confirm the appointment. If the day or time is inconvenient for you, log on that day and change to a more convenient date and time during July or August. This appointment time is set aside just for you. The sitting fee is based on the amount of photos you want taken and an appointment time set aside just for you is included as well as other ordering information. If you are going to another studio, call them in May to make an appointment for July or August.
- 3 professional photographers are available to take an array of poses. Parents are encouraged to accompany their children. Seniors will select the yearbook portrait they want displayed in the senior section of the yearbook at the time they have their senior portraits taken.
- Prestige Portraits will submit your senior yearbook photo for you to the yearbook advisor at no cost.
Yearbook Senior Section
The yearbook is an all-color yearbook and all senior portraits are color photos. The senior yearbook photo must be taken with a solid blue background only, although students are encouraged to take and purchase other poses for personal use.
- Senior Portraits should be taken during the summer according to the information mailed to each senior’s home address. No in-school time is allotted for retakes. Retakes should be taken by August 30, 2013.
- In order to ensure a clean, uniform senior section, the following requirements have been approved by BHS administration for all senior portraits submitted for the senior portraits section of the yearbook:
- Color Glossy Photograph
- Blue background
- Head and shoulder shot only, no hands
- Hand-delivered photos are not accepted
- Cut photo are not accepted
- Do not submit any proofs of pictures, scanned photos, or 35mm photos.
- No reclining positions; upright head and shoulders only
- Hands are not allowed; head and shoulder shots only
- No outdoor shots; no props
- No others included in photographs
- Appropriate dress (No spaghetti straps, sleeveless or tube tops)
- No hats
- Solid-color t-shirts only; no logos, graphic art or writing of any kind
Senior photos are a once-in-a-lifetime and a dress-to-impress experience. When senior photos are taken, Prestige Portraits offers poses with props, friends, hats, uniforms, changes of clothing, outdoor shots, etc., for your personal enjoyment. However, they may not be submitted for the senior section of the 2014 BHS Yearbook.
If you choose another studio
Senior photos must be taken during the summer of junior year, by August 30, in order to ensure entry into the senior photos section of the yearbook. Senior photos must be taken by a professional photographer at a professional photography studio and are due to the yearbook advisor by September 10. The senior yearbook photo is taken with a solid blue background. Senior photos should be e-mailed by the professional photographer in .jgp format to the yearbook advisor, PaulaMadore@BPSma.org, by September 10. The following sections apply to all seniors.
Candid Photographs Submitted for Other Sections of the Yearbook
In September during morning announcements, the yearbook staff will invite seniors to bring in one baby photo of 1-year-old or under as well as other candid photos. Photos will be scanned and returned to the student at the time they are brought to the yearbook classroom. Students are responsible to show their official BHS ID to the yearbook staff member for correct spelling of his or her name. Students should listen carefully to announcements during the fall for other invitations to contribute to the 2014 yearbook.
Please remember that candid photos must meet special requirements: Photos must be clear, not cut and appropriate. Do not write on the back of photographs.
We often hear students say that a wider variety of students should be included in the yearbook, and the yearbook staff agrees with that. The problem occurs when few students submit candid photos leaving the yearbook staff with only a few photos from which to choose. When announcements are made, seniors, and you have pictures that you think would be good in the yearbook, please bring them the next day. The yearbook staff has publisher deadlines to meet and has no control over extending those deadlines.
The BHS Yearbook office is located in the hallway between the Azure and Green building, just outside the doors to the Azure cafeteria. If you need additional information, please call the Yearbook office at 508-580-7418 or come to room B333 during lunch or at 2 p.m.
INFORMATION FOR ORDERING YOUR YEARBOOK AND EXTENDED EDITION
Yearbooks may be ordered online by the beginning of September at www.Jostens.com Students are encouraged to order the yearbook and Extended Edition at the presale price by February 28 so we know how many to order. The price will be announced this fall. Yearbook announcements about ordering the yearbook and Extended Edition are handed out during homeroom so check for handouts often if you have senior privileges. No money will be collected in homeroom. Yearbooks are distributed at BHS approximately the last 3 days of senior year and the Extended Edition is mailed the following fall to all who purchase it. If you move, you are responsible to call Jostens, Inc., the yearbook publisher, at 1-866-282-1516 with your change of address or you will not receive your Extended Edition you paid for. Students may pay by cash-in-advance for the yearbook and Extended Edition by bringing cash in the full amount to the yearbook room during lunch beginning September 1. You will receive a receipt. Buying the yearbook in advance guarantees you will have a yearbook. BHS does not order a yearbook for every senior because unsold books are nonrefundable.
The Extended Edition
The yearbook staff is not allowed to submit yearbook pages to the publisher after February 28. Because there are several activities between March and graduation, we offer the 16-page Extended Edition. The Extended Edition contains photos from graduation day, senior prom, spring play, Harbor One Art Show, senior week, boys’ and girls’ tennis, baseball, softball, and boys volleyball. Seniors are strongly encouraged to purchase the Extended Edition when they purchase the yearbook.
At the end of the school year, students may still be able to purchase a book at the yearbook office until the supply runs out, but at a higher price than the presale price. Books sold through the BHS yearbook office in May are limited and are sold on a first come, first served basis.
Parents: Yearbooks make perfect birthday and holiday gifts for your children. Please consider purchasing the yearbook and Extended Edition for your child as a lifetime of memories your child will remember for many years.
Yearbook Advisor--Paula Madore, BHS, 508-580-7418
Like us on Facebook for announcements: Brockton High School Yearbook